Nuffnang

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Miserable

So after my visit to NDC last Friday, my surgeon prescribed me with Ferrous Fumarate 200mg. I have to take these iron pills 2 times a day and I have to say, the side effects are slowly killing me.

Personally, I do not really experience much side effects from other medications but this... has caused me much discomfort. Yesterday, after popping the pill, I felt an immense sharp pain around my tummy area. It felt like a menstrual cramp but worst. Probably because I seldom experience those cramps. *smirks* I have also noticed that my stool became a really dark greenish-black colour. Lastly, diarrhea. Enough said, no further explanation needed. Thank goodness that is all, I read up online, some people has nausea/vomiting symptoms.

I would not be able to imagine if I really followed instructions to eat the pill twice a day. I only had it once a day and it was that bad. Hopefully, I'll still be able to produce enough blood for the blood donation next Wednesday (for my surgery).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)