Nuffnang

Sunday 11 May 2014

Brief History

After much procrastination, I have finally created a space for myself to document my orthognathic journey. By making this public, I believe I will be able to help the others who are going through the same thing as me.

A little background of my bite/teeth:
I have a Class III Malocclusion bite, more widely known as underbite. My lower jaw is protruding outwards, where my lower set of teeth are in front of my upper. I consider myself to have a pretty straight teeth except that there are gaps between my two upper molars.

So my orthognathic journey begins back in November 2013, when I came across "Aloha Dental Clinic" on the internet. I was amazed when I came across a case report where Dr Loh managed to fix an underbite without surgery. Looking at it now, I realised I had mistaken the patient's bite, she had a Class I bite instead of a Class III bite. Silly me.

I have been to several dental clinics before Aloha Dental and all of them said that surgery is the only way to fix my bite. I was a little skeptical about undergoing the surgery because I have a really low threshold of pain. Who knows, I am now 24 days away from my surgery.

Ok back on track, so I first had my braces on on 25 March2013. This is how my bite looks:

First day of braces

I still vividly remember how sore my entire jaw/teeth was when I first gotten them on. Even Mee Sua (rice vermicelli) was too hard for me. *insert a million sad faces*

So far, I have:
- met my surgeon thrice. He is Dr Raymond Peck from National Dental Centre (NDC)
- had all 4 of my wisdom tooth extracted *ouch*
- changed my arch-wire twice already, I'm going to change it again this Friday. 3 times in just 7 weeks or you can say 8 weeks. Wow. I had to rush the tightening process because of the surgery. Thank goodness I was blessed with a pretty straight teeth to begin with.

To end this of, I'll show you my bite today.

Bite on 11 May 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)