Nuffnang

Saturday 31 May 2014

What to prepare for surgery?

I am now 4 DAYS away from my surgery.. I'll be admitted into the hospital one day before so that makes it 3 days to hospitalization. Time really flies. I want to indulge in all the good foods I can before the surgery. I've been eating whatever I want, whenever I want. Got to admit, I've put on some weight already but I'm not afraid since I'll be losing them off after the surgery. The average jaw surgery patient will lose between 3kg to 15kg. *smirks*

I have been doing a little research on what I should prepare for my surgery.. Here's my list:

  • Canned Soups
  • Juices
  • Frozen fruits (to blend)
  • Baby Spoons
  • Sippy Cup
  • Baby Toothbrushes
  • Breathe Right Nasal Stripes
  • Ice/Heat Pack (for when I'm swollen)
  • Neck Pillow
  • Oil Blotter
  • Cotton Buds/Q-tip (my anesthetist said my nose may bleed when they insert/remove the windpipe T_T) 
  • Paper & Pens (need to communicate since I wouldn't be able to move my jaw much; I'll prolly go ahead and get a whiteboard instead)
  • Vaseline (Mouth area will be dry and flaky from stretching)
  • Wet Napkins/Tissue

I'm not too sure if I've missed out anything, hope I didn't.

I'm thinking of getting a water dental flosser. Something like the famous waterpik but that is definitely out of my budget. After the surgery I'm sure I am unable to open my mouth big enough for the baby toothbrush. I'm still contemplating though.. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)