Nuffnang

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Day 34: Bruxism

According to the wiki; Bruxism is the excessive grinding of the teeth and/or excessive clenching of the jaw.

Unfortunately, my sleep in disturbed several times a night because of buxism. I do not usually experience this pre-op/post-op until about a week ago?

It did not really bother me until a few days ago the frequency of it happening is higher. Does anyone of you experience this?

Initially I thought it was associated with the dreams that I had but apparently on days when I did not dream, I still have grind/clench my jaws rly tightly. 

I'll just wake up and go back to sleep with my mouth open. The damage? I'll end up with a really dry and uncomfortable throat. Bleh. And probably with a chipped tooth sooner or later. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this happened to me after surgery too! My jaw would randomly spasm and close and I wake up realising that I'm grinding my teeth.

    I would think that it's a muscle issue as it's not used to this new position..

    The problem is now gone for me, so hope it will be the same for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)