Nuffnang

Sunday 20 July 2014

Day 46: Like a Fool

Well, I have obviously neglected this space of mine pretty much. I am guilty of this but sometimes, I just have nothing to share with you guys.

At Day 46, I have already resumed my normal activities. When I met my old friends/hi-bye friends, they couldn't seem to tell a difference at all. When I met my closer friends, they mentioned I look the same while they can tell I am still a little swollen. They also pointed out that the way I speak is different, with air escaping from my slight overbite now and also I am always trying my best to pronounce words and speak properly.

I am still numbed, sigh. Yesterday I was talking and laughing with my friends and drooled without knowing. My friend laughed at me and had to point it out to me. This is so embarrassing. I feel like a fool. Thankfully, she understands because of the numbness on my face.

I can't help to think how am I gna survive next week with my school's camp. I'm sure out to embarrass myself with people I don't know.

Anyway, I am back to my normal diet. I can eat whatever I want now, as long as I can fit it into my mouth. I usually have to cut it into smaller pieces since I can only open a tad bigger than a finger's width. I'm not sure why my progress is so slow. T_T

But I am able to eat like what I've been eating pre-surgery. I can chew normally although sometimes I still bite into the left side of my tongue which I believe it's numbed. It's funny cause I always thought my tongue is my "food" while I'm eating. Sucks to have numbed tongue. With the numbed tongue, I find it a little hard to eat veggies like lettuce because it's too "thin".

I have not tried eating nuts and I don't planned to since I do not like them either. Anyway, I don't think I can. Eating has become a bliss and I am very thankful for it. I love normal foods.

1 comment:

  1. Aww girl..take it slow. :) Be patient with yourself. I'm at 32 days post-op and I'm still surviving on a syringe because my bands are on 24/7! So it's a great thing that you're already able to eat "real foods"! It's quite an achievement to me! Hang in there and take lots of Vitamin B/B12. It's supposed to help nerve regeneration. (I'm going out tomorrow to buy some too because part of my chin in still numb too and I once had a similar experience when talking with my sisters too.) Gambatte!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)