Nuffnang

Friday 25 July 2014

Day 51: Back on Medication - Tongue Paralysis

I went back to NDC today for a post-op appointment with dr peck. It was kind of a depressing one. 

I've always known that my tongue was numbed after surgery. But today, he used a needle-like tool to poke my tongue and apparently I couldn't feel most part of my (left) tongue. Now I am on Neuroxel for about a month, hopefully I'll regain the feelings in the tongue. 

I researched the whole afternoon and apparently tongue paralysis is uncommon. Most common form of numbness is lips/chin/cheeks. 

I don't know but I feel a little depress. Tongue paralysis affects speech too, no wonder I still couldn't pronounce most words and am constantly biting into my tongue. Sigh. Just sigh. This also affects my taste buds. No wonder... Everything just makes so much sense now. 

Numbness doesn't seem to go away either. 

Nerves, please regenerate quickly. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)