Nuffnang

Monday 14 July 2014

Day 40: Insurance Claims

Well hi there. Today I'll talk about something besides my recovery since I'm almost running out of updates. 

Anyway, besides the braces cost, I paid absolutely nothing for my jaw surgery. Simply because I'm covered under prudential's prushield premier A medical insurance. (Sounds like some advertisement now)

Anyway, on top of that, they gave me $200 a day as a hospitalization allowance because I chose to stay in b2 ward instead of A ward which I'm entitled to. Which is pretty good actually. 

You go for a jaw surgery, you get to lose weight, get rid of sinus and other functional problems, you don't have to pay a single cent and instead, you get allowance! If I knew, I'll request for an extension for my hospitalization stay hahaha! 

Ok jokes aside, I am also covered for all the doctor's consultation before and after the surgery. Which means that whenever I go back for review/cleaning I do not need to pay as well. 

The only thing I need to pay is my braces costs. That's all.

So if you're thinking of getting a jaw surgery in singapore, make sure you get yourself covered! 

I remembered looking at sgh's letter of discharge that my condition is medical and it states "major deformity in jaw" can't remember the exact words used since I couldn't recognize it, I had to google. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey c, nice to see that you are recovering well. I see that you hv 5 weeks of leave. Now my turn to get jealous haha.. I was not covered. Sigh. Good that you have hindsight. So how much was your bill in total?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there!

      I was actually given 4 weeks of leave too. I do not need them either since I'm waiting for my university studies in August. I made use of the holiday I have to go for this surgery so I can rest really well.

      Anyway, I read from another fellow jaw patient that it is possible to extend your hospitalization leave if you request from your doc. Probably only a week, depending on your condition.

      I'm not really sure how much the surgery costs since I was pretty sure I do not need to fork out any money. Before the surgery, my doc estimated that for b2 ward, it's about $4k plus. But after my discharge I received a bill from sgh, it's around $2k plus. I'm not too sure what is it for and I didn't read up in detail since my insurance co is in charge of them.

      Delete
  2. Hey! Congrats on your insurance claim approval!! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on that! :) ♥ I'm so glad I didn't have to worry about paying for treatment because of the hospital system in England.
    Hope you're well!

    Abigail x
    http://maxillofacialmemories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)