Nuffnang

Saturday 14 June 2014

Day 10: Teeth moved.....?

I've finally reached the double digits for recovery and I can say, I've safety passed the most difficult phase of recovery. Kudos to me. Things only get better from here.

Swelling has gone down pretty steadily everyday. I no longer bleed on my right nostril whenever I sit/stand anymore which is great! I can drink like a big girl now. I've moved on from using a syringe to sippy cup to a normal cup. And from baby spoons to adult spoons. Yay. Next transition would be the tooth brush but I know it's not anytime soon since I can barely fit the baby one in my mouth yet. 

I can only still open my mouth a fingertip's size. I think I can do better than this if not for the elastics in my mouth.  

I worked my facial muscles today, tried to smile and twitch it. Feels weird since I'm still pretty numbed. After removing my stitches yesterday, I no longer feel the stings whenever I move or accidentally smile. Hahah. This made me even more curious to explore the inside of my mouth, which I did. I stretched my mouth a little and realised my elastics are strategically placed in a box of square, for both sides. How cute, I'm not sure how this is going to mouth my jaw but oh well. Never doubt the doctors. 

I've also noticed that my upper teeth started to move, in a bad way. I can now spot gaps in between my teeth again. I'm not sure why, but I guess one of the wires came loose? This kinda affected my midline. I can't tell whether they are still in lined or not.

No big deal right? Since my dentist can work with this after he removed the surgical hooks and what not. Gta alert my friendly Dr Peck about this though. I don't want my midline to be off again like pre-surgery. *prays hard*

I am now looking forward to eating human food again. I mean, normal food hehehe. Not like I've been eating dog food or what.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)