Nuffnang

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Day 7: First Poop/Worried Sick

I guess I jinxed myself when I said I'm able to sleep a good 6-7 hours straight. I woke up several times last night at 2-3 hours interval again. And despite sleeping in an air-conditioned room for the first time after the surgery, I did not sneezed at all yet. Hehehe I'm so happy, this will not happen during pre-op. Sinus, be gone. Hope I don't jinx myself this time. *fingers crossed*

Major numbness on lower jaw today which extends to the neck area. Can wait for all these to be over.

Anyway, I finally pooped after 10 days. Yes, 10 days. 

WORRIED. I noticed 3 things:
1) right nostril bone(?) is way deeper than the left's. I'm don't know how to explain but try putting your finger in, there's this soft bone thing near the side. Hope after the swelling subsides, it will not cause any unevenness in the size of my nose. My nose has already enlarged from this surgery. 😟

2) lower jaw could be pushed in way too back. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or is it because the swelling has not completely subsided but I feel that I may have lose the shape of my jawline. I'll add in a picture I found on google to better illustrate what I'm trying to say. 


The lady above has an under-developed jaw which causes her to "not have" a neck. While mine isn't that exaggerated. Like I said, I could just be too paranoid, since the swelling hasn't gone down yet. 


This is me, now. Too swollen, I can't stand it. I'm a Simpsons now btw. Look at my neck/chest area. 

3) As I feel my right jawline, I realised it's not "smooth" anymore. There are bumps nearer to the back. What is this. Did they not attach/saw my jaw properly. Or what. 

I need answers. I can't wait for Fridays appointments. On the other hand, I don't want to remove the stitches yet. 

2 comments:

  1. Your profile looks great! The swelling is still quite there so don't jump to any conclusions yet!

    As for the bumps on your jaw, I have them too. Before the surgery, I did not pay so close attention to my jaw so maybe they've been there all along? My friend who went for jaw surgery also has these bumps, after 2 years.

    So if yours are there, it's probably permanent. But it doesn't affect anything and can't be seen anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wendy! :)

      It's nice to know you've been keeping up with my blog. I'm so happy. Thank you so much.

      I'm pretty sure the bumps weren't there before the surgery as I was pretty conscious when I swell after my wisdom teeth extractions. I'll just pray hard it'll disappear after the swelling goes down or like you said, hopefully it can't be seen. ^^

      Thank you.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)