Nuffnang

Thursday 26 June 2014

Day 22: Remember to take your meds!

I went back to NDC for another doctor's appointment. The routinely asked me several questions and he asked about the numbness. So I told him, not much improvement since the last visit and he was a little bit shocked.

He then asked whether I've been taking the Vitamin B that I prescribed. Hahaha obviously I didn't. I feel so guilty now, I'm going to start earning it tomorrow. I do want my senses to be back to me. 

He cleansed my wound then took some photos of me and he said "okay I'll see you in a month's time"

A month's?!?!? I've been seeing him every 2-3 days, now he wants to see me in a month's time?! :( wow I feel so sad, I'm going to miss him. 

What am I going to do with my holiday now? Rot at home while I recover? Hmm hahahha. 

I went to my dentist at aloha dental. Could have continued my ortho journey but dr loh told me to come back two weeks later since I was many able to open my mouth wide enough. I'll be in lesser pain if I could open a little wider. He told me to practice my opening my jaws and in two weeks time, try to open at least 1 and a 1/2 of my fingertips. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi c,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I wish I could fast forward to eating noodles like u or save the hassle of making trips to ndc every few days. What does Dr Peck do on those reviews? Haha...

    Yes I can feel most of my face but some areas are still less sensitive and I would get food stuck there unnoticed. Minimal numbness is also maximal pain. Imagine my torture during removal of stiches.. Lol.. I should be envious of u. Do take your meds!

    Hope u have a speedy recovery!

    Best regards,
    Cloud.
    Cloudyh.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      It's really simple, most of the appointments he'll just wash your wound since it's really hard to get into areas with just your toothbrush.

      Other times, he took photos of my progress, changed up my elastics. Most importantly, you can clarify some of your doubts with him.

      Not to scare you, but removal of stitches really hurt..... SO BADLY. I was completely numbed on my bottom jaw/gum but I can still feel the slight pain which was totally bearable. However, My upper gum/jaw was making progress hence, I could feel almost all the pain.

      An advice to you, pop some painkillers before you go see him. I died on the dentist chair. I was sweating and tearing. Imagine the pain. Because it's sewn quite tightly together, he sometimes has to get close to the lip(?) tissue and it hurts.

      Good luck to you!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)