Nuffnang

Thursday 5 June 2014

Day 1: Yay to Non-Shut Mouth

After much rest, I am finally back to updating this space again.

A little disclaimer: this post was written on 10/6/14. I will try as much as possible to recall whatever that has happened. 

I had my oxygen tube and urinary catheter removed in the morning. It feels weird to have this little thing inside you... it doesn't hurt and when it's gone, it's even more uncomfortable to have to walk to the washroom with so many drips on you.

Then I was pushed down to a clinic to visit one of my surgeon where he removed all the elastics in my mouth, cleaned my mouth and nostrils. He then added 2 elastics, one at each side to aid my jaws to my new bite... He also taught me how to drink through a syringe.... T_T sigh.

Took some xray, everything was alright - as planned.

Today, I felt that my tongue has no space to "roam" around as it could before my surgery. Because my lower jaw now is pushed back, it feels trapped. My nose also bled constantly whenever I sit/stand up.

Day 2 can be concluded with just sleeping and peeing and ice packing all day. Not forgetting the inevitable: swelling, numbness, discomfort, nose bleed, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)