Nuffnang

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Day 14: Proper Update

Happy 2 weeks post op to me!! ^^

Although they are not healing as properly as expected (with the canted upper jaw, bumps on my lower jaw and also the bracket which fell), I am quite happy with how things are going. I wouldn't mind a slightly canted jaw, but I guess I would mind the bumps although they can't be seen now. 

We'll see after the swelling goes down completely. 

I'll do a proper update on how things are for me. 

Bruising and swelling
I am still a little bit swollen, I guess most of the swelling is gone by now. The rate at which the swelling is going down is really slow now. I can barely notice a difference. I still have bruises on the area just beside my left side of my lips. The yellow-bruises on my chest area has turned green(?) although most of it is gone. I think it will go off in a couple of days. I still have no idea how come a jaw surgery can cause so much bruises on the chest area. Hahaha. 

Pain
Not much pain since I cannot feel my upper and lower jaw/gums. Just yesterday, I accidentally scratch my upper jaw and I'm like wow, I really can't feel a thing. It feels weird. I do experience a slight pain on my bottom right side of the jaw where the bumps are. It feels as if there is a line/nerve/vein whatever that line thingy is, that extends till my cheeks. That "line" there is giving me a slight pain. Probably a 1 out of 10 in terms of pain. 

Numbness
Apart from the gums/jaw. I still cannot feel my lower left lips & chin. I have regained all the feelings else where. 

My bottom left cheeks and chin tingles so badly. It feels extremely weird. Small actions like when my hair touches that area it gives a really weird tingling sensation to it. I guess the nerves are regenerating. 

Diet - Eating and Drinking
I am now on soft diet. I eat anything that doesn't require me to bite/chew. I've been taking soups, tofu, eggs (stired in in the soups), fish (mashed down), cheesecake (yums!!!), mashed potatoes, bean curds and jellies. Let me know what other soft foods there are, I'm pretty bored of eating the same food everyday.

As I mentioned before, I've graduated from syringe. I'm can using normal spoons and drink from a cup now although I drool/spill them sometimes. 

Sleeping
I can sleep for pretty long hours now. I can sleep through 9 hours. Although I wake up sometimes to go to the bathroom. This happens when you're on liquid/soft diet I guess. 

Breathing 
I no longer have mucous as compared to days just after the surgery. I can breathe pretty properly now. The good news here is, I NO LONGER HAVE SINUSES PROBLEM YAYERS. I can finally sleep in an air-conditioned room without sneezing/wheezing. This calls for a celebration. I don't remember when was the last time I sneezed. Probably before surgery *winks* all hail jaw surgery. 

Talking
I still cannot talk properly and articulate my words. I am still mumbling to get me through my day.

I guess I'm just pretty lazy because it's tiring to speak properly. Hahahahahah. Give me a couple more days/weeks perhaps. Hehe. 

Energy
I'm almost getting back all my energy already. I no longer need naps in the afternoon. I can go out for about 4 hours before I get tired. Last week, I can barely walk for an hour before I get really tired. 

Weight loss
I have lost about 3.8kg so far. Although the rate that I'm losing are slowly going down probably 0.1kg every other day. I remember last week when I weigh myself I'm losing like 0.3kg everyday.

Skin
My skin condition is really bad after the surgery. I used to have an oily-combination skin and I rarely break out. I don't usually get oily unless I step out of the house. But now, I am EXTREMELY oily around my nose and area above the lips. If I could fry an egg on my face before surgery, I can deep fry these eggs now. Ugh. 

I've been getting little bumps around my nose and the area above the lips and one of these bumps evolved into a pimple this morning. How frustrating. 

I've read up online, these are toxins that the body is eliminating. Because of the medication/general anesthesia that my body isn't used to. Liver, please do your job well and eliminate all of this. I want my clear skin back soon. Thank you. :(

That's all now. I don't think I have anything else to update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)